Find Stuff on My Blog

Monday, June 22, 2009

THE BEACH!!! (and Ludington: my recent joy, sadness, then happiness)

Okay I think it is good beach weather. The sun it is beating down very hot, the water it is freezy cool, and the sand it is sticky and good for sandcastles. I think I might run down to the beach (89 steps), play in the sand awhile, stick my big toe one centimeter into the water, and run screaming back up to the cottage (89 steps). Lovely day for swimming.
If you have never rented a cottage at Pentwater I can tell you it is very nice here. The water close to the shore is a light cerulean blue, and at the sandbars it is white-blue. Then when you really deep it's a lovely light periwinkle blue. How I love the beach.
I love swimming but I prefer warmer waters, so I'm really more of a pool person. However, I will not pass up a good swim, whether it's in a pool, lake, ocean or sea. We had a pond back at my old house that we would splash around in, too.
Well, this has nothing to do with the post, but we went to Ludington yesterday and it was very very very very very fun. We ate lots of yummy food (joy), and then we went on a walk and got ice cream. I meant to get a delicious lemon sorbet, but they gave me a mint chocolate chip (sadness)!!! I cried the way home. Then, Sid didn't want her ice cream. And it was (drumroll please) . . . A LEMON SORBET!!!!!!!!
I of course ate her sorbet and after that I was very happy. Um . . . the end.



xoxoxo minky

No comments:

Post a Comment