Find Stuff on My Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Me and Playing the Trumpet

Okay, if any of you bozos remember my first post, then you'll know I play the trumpet. Pay attention, snoutie, 'cuz that's what this post is about.
Well . . . at the beginning of fifth grade I found out that everyone would be choosing an instrument. In Waldorf schools, you play violin until fifth grade and then you pick an instrument. I had to be a Winds, because I had no violin experience whatsoever. 
Ms. Rembert assigned me french horn because the Winds were one french horn short . . . of having one french horn. Unfortunately, french horn was like $250 a week rental not exaggerating!!!
But . . . I found out that we had some trumpets lying around the house. (We had a trombone too but I did NOT want to be next to Adrian!) I tried so hard to get a tone out, private lessons for six months. But- *hops up and does a jig*- I practiced and practiced and practiced and look! I got first chair over a two other girls and a boy in sixth grade who's been playing for 2 years! *Hums tune to self*
Of course, my trumpet is super beat up. Here's the really embarrassing part- my mom and dad found it at Value Village, like twelve years ago- for $25 bucks. That's ten times less than it would cost to rent a french horn for a week.
But I don't really mind, because hey! We got it for practically free!



xoxoxo minky

2 comments: