Find Stuff on My Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Too Early

Morning, Sunshine. The mourning doves are moaning, the sun is a-rising, the big moth on my window refuses to leave . . . it's going to be a great day.
Speaking of . . . you all know that sound a mourning dove makes? Like a dry whistle followed by a long moaning coo? Well, now that I'm in major dove territory, that once-beautiful, haunting coo is my greatest fear. It thoroughly prevents all sleep, and I cannot stand it.
I'm usually the sleeper-in in my family (I'm also the insomniac), so being up before everyone else is quite a first. *Cue round of quiet applause so as not to wake up sleeping family*
It is approximately 8:00, and I've been on the computer for approximately 2 hours, so . . . I was woken up rather rudely by a harsh coo at approximately 6 am. The horror!



xoxoxo minky

1 comment: