Find Stuff on My Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Me And Remembering People's Names

Me again. Hey, what can I say? It's a good day for blogging.
Okay. The point of the blog. *deep breath* The deep, dark truth about me is that I can never remember people's names. Example: My friend Abby (see post number one) takes me to the pool with her. After a little while, Abby-gull (Abby's nickname. Abigail= Abby-gull) gets bored of playing around in the little kid's end. She sees some of her friends in the deep end. So we go over there and say hi to them.
"Anna," she says, "This is Katy. Katy, Anna."
We hang out for a while, and then I'm like, "Hey, um . . what's-your-name!"
Being the patient person she is (Thank you Katy, and I'm sorry!), she gently straightens me out.
"Katy," she says. "My name is Katy."
Over the next few hours, though, she gets kind of annoyed. Thank God it was time to leave! I was so so so embarrassed!
So, if you ever meet me, please understand if I keep calling you "Katy".



xoxoxo minky

No comments:

Post a Comment